I love lamb! And I’m always experimenting with new and different rubs. This one
takes a hint from the marinade I created for my pork collar that took me to the top
3 at The World Food Championships Final Table last month. The umami from the Black Garlic and the really cool color from the turmeric and achiote make this one really unique and incredibly delicious dish!
Black Garlic Lamb Lollipops:
2 tablespoons turmeric
2 tablespoons achiote powder
2 tablespoons dried tarragon
1 tablespoon The Black Garlic Company Black Garlic Salt
1 tablespoon cilantro seasoning
1 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 The Black Garlic Company Black Garlic Cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 eight bone rack of lamb, trimmed and frenched
Fresh rosemary, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
2. In a large bowl combine turmeric, achiote powder, tarragon, Black Garlic Salt,
cilantro seasoning, chili flakes and pepper.
3. Mash Black Garlic Cloves into dijon mustard.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil.
5. Sear rack of lamb for 1 to 2 minutes on all sides. Set aside for a few minutes.
6. Brush rack of lamb with the black garlic mustard mixture. Roll in the dry mixture
until evenly coated.
7. Roast the lamb in preheated oven for 12 to 18 minutes,
depending on the degree of doneness you want. With a meat thermometer, take a
reading in the center of the meat after 10 to 12 minutes and remove the meat, or let
it cook longer, to your taste.
8. Let it rest for 5 to 7 minutes, loosely covered, before carving between the ribs.